Monday, August 21, 2006

books and pictures

I Re-read a book that had a HUGE impact on me the first time I read it, and had just as much of an impact this time, if not more. I wish the characters were real. I need to KNOW them. This fiction book illustrates the narrow road we walk as we claim to know where God is blessing us and leading us. I am reminded through this story that the people who may be closest to the heart of God are often farthest from the spotlight. I am reminded to be very cautious because we are all in dangerous proximity of walking a path that looks a lot like serving God, and when you are on this path you will get noticed for what You've done for god.

On another note, I am working on a HUGE project. Putting pictures into albums. With every move we've done I've sorted through pictures and put them in groups, but I've never taken the time to actually put them in albums. The best part of this project is going through all these pictures! I love looking through them all and reliving some great memories. So many people that I love! Today I was going through college pictures. Wow! If you are reading this blog, I probably have a picture of you. I'd be surprised if I didn't. Man, I wich we had a scanner so I could post a few of the best ones. I can't believe how many pictures I have from college. Maybe I could get John to scan in a few for more. If anyone who reads this blog is a college friend and you don't happen to have pictures of someone or something from college there's a good chance I may have one. If there's someone/something you might be interested in let me know and I'll try to get a copy.

Comments:
what's the book?!
 
Yeah - what she said.
 
"and the Shofar Blew" by Francine Rivers. So gooooood! It's a book that needs discussion, so if anyone else wants to read it, I would love to talk about it!
 
Hi Shannon! Remember me! I can't remember how I got linked to your blog but it's sure been nice catching up on your family! It's been over 4 years since we last saw you and John.
I just wanted to say that that book made a huge impact on me too. I've been meaning to re-read it and you've inspired me (though with two young un's under foot it's hard).
Glad to read that all is well with you!!

Susan Anning (Alberta, Canada)
 
Hi Susan, I guess you really never know who reads your blog. I'm glad you do because I've always wished we would have been able to keep in contact with you after you moved. Sarah updated me on occasion though. I hope you enjoy your re-read! Tell Grant we said, 'Hello".
 
Hi Back......I'd love to get back in touch.....e-mail me!

susananning@gmail.com!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?